Visa Processing

We are offering visa and work permit processing services to foreign companies and foreign nationals who want to work, retire, invest, and live in the Philippines.


  • OCIC Consulting Int’l Inc. received official certification from the Bureau of Immigration and Philippine Retirement Authority.
  • Our team has more than 5 years of experience working with the Immigration Department
  • We serve thousands of passports every year.

Visa Services

Who can Apply?

A foreign national who shall engage in gainful employment for three to six months.


  1. Professional Athletes, Coaches, Trainers and Assistants;
  2. International Performers with exceptional abilities;
  3. Artist, Performers and their staff, who perform before an audience for a fee, subject to compliance with the requirements of the concerned agency, office or body;
  4. Service Suppliers coming primarily to perform temporary services and who do not receive salary or other remuneration from a Philippines source other than expenses incidental to their temporary stay;
  5. Treasure Hunters authorized to search for hidden treasure with permit from the concerned government agencies and instrumentalities;
  6. Movie and television Crews authorized to film in the country by the relevant regulatory office, body of agency;
  7. Foreign Journalist practicing their profession or covering a specific event in the country;
  8. Trainee/s assigned in government instrumentalities, government owned and controlled corporations (GOCC) and private entities;
  9. Lecturers, Researchers, Trainers and others pursuing academic work, who are assigned in schools, universities, educational and research institutions, government agencies and other entities (with or without compensation);
  10. Religious Missionaries and Preachers;
  11. Commercial Models and Talents;
  12. Culinary Specialists/Chefs;
  13. Professionals; and
  14. Consultants or Specialists


Who Can Apply?

Foreign Nationals who shall apply for the reversion of their immigration visa to temporary visitor/tourist to continue to stay legally in the Philippines.

Who Can Apply?

Foreign nationals who are proceeding to Philippines to engage in any lawful occupation, whether for wages or salary or other forms of compensation.

Who Can Apply?

Foreign nationals who are existing holders of a Pre-arranged Employee – Commercial Visa and wishes to continue to his employment in the Philippines.

Who Can Apply?

Issued to a foreign national during the pendency of an application for pre-arranged employment visa.

Who Can Apply?

The spouse and dependent children under the age of 21 years and unmarried of the Principal holder or applicant of a Pre-arranged Employee Visa – Commercial or Non-Commercial.

Who Can Apply?

All foreign nationals who intend to engage in gainful employment in the Philippines.


Our Visa Services include assistance in the processing of lost Alien Employment Permit (AEP).

Who Can Apply?

An foreign national whose visa application is approved while the he/she is not in the Philippines


Who Can Apply?

Foreign nationals with visas that are not fully implemented or for reasons of lost or damaged passports.


Who Can Apply?

The following foreign nationals must secure an ECC-A prior to their departure:

Holders of Temporary Visitor Visa (also referred to as tourist visa) who have stayed in the Philippines for six (6) months or more;

Holders of expired or downgraded Immigrant or Non-Immigrant Visas;

Holders of valid Immigrant or Non-Immigrant Visas but are leaving for good;

Philippine-born foreign nationals who will depart from the Philippines for the first time;

Holders of Temporary Visitor Visa with Orders to Leave;

Bona fide seafarers who have stayed in the Philippines for 30 days or more and has a duly approved discharge from BI.

ECC-B is issued to departing holders of Immigrant and Non-Immigrant visas with valid ACR I-Cards and are leaving the country temporarily.

  1. When should I apply for an ECC?

Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC) – FAQs

  • A foreign national may apply for an ECC at least 72 hours prior to his/her departure from the Philippines.


  • Does the ECC have validity?

The ECC is valid for one (1) month from the date of issue or from the visa validity stated.

  • Will I be able to use this multiple times?

You may only use this once regardless of its validity.

  • Can I extend my ECC?

Yes, for another month.



Who Can Apply?

All registered aliens and ACR I-Card holders except Temporary Visitor’s Visa holders or Tourist Visa holders.


Annual Report (AR) FAQ’s:

  • What is this transaction called Annual Report?

As provided in Section 10 of R.A. 562 or the Alien Registration Act of 1950 and existing regulations, all registered aliens are required to report in person to the Bureau of Immigration or to any of its offices within the first sixty (60) days of every calendar year.  It aims to strictly enforce compliance of the immigration law in the interest of national security, public safety and public order. 

  • When is this applicable?

It is required to be filed within the  first 60 days of each and every year. Annual reports made thereafter are subject to penalties. 

  • Who shall apply for this transaction?

All registered aliens shall appear in person and pay their annual report.

  • I am a dual citizen. Am I still required to file an Annual Report?

If you are a citizen of the Philippines and another foreign country, you are not required to file for an Annual Report.

Who Can Apply?

Non-visa required tourists admitted initially for thirty (30) days and is requesting for an initial extension of twenty-nine (29) days.

Temporary Visitor’s Visa (9A) FAQ’s

  • What is a temporary visitor’s visa?

Temporary Visitor’s Visa is available to foreign nationals who are traveling to the Philippines for these common purposes:

  1. Pleasure – for holiday or leisurely stay
  2. Business – may be of commercial, industrial/professional character but must be temporary in nature e.g. those who are attending international conferences, here to negotiate contracts and attend business meetings
  3. Health – provided not contagious, loathsome and/or dangerous diseases
  • What are the different types of temporary visitor’s visa?

There are two (2) classifications of Temporary Visitor’s Visa by mode of admission:

a. Non-visa Required Nationals

  1. Foreign nationals under E.O. 408, as amended, admissible for thirty (30) days initial stay
  2. Temporary visitor’s visa admissible for fifty nine (59) days
  3. Visa Upon Arrival under Memorandum Circular No. MCL-08-003
  4. Visa Upon Arrival VA thirty (30) days
  5. Group Tour (Memorandum Order No. AFFJr. 05-012)
  6. Pro-Investment Visa (Memorandum Circular No. MCL-07-004)
  7. Foreign nationals under E.O. 191 admissible for seven (7) days
  8. Letter of Instruction (LOI) 911 admissible for seven (7) days
  9. Balikbayan (RA 6768 as amended by RA 9174) admissible for 1 year


b. Visa Required Nationals who are admissible with entry visa.


  • Where can I apply for a temporary visitor’s visa?

A foreign national may apply for a Temporary Visitor’s Visa at a Philippine Foreign Service Post at his/her country of origin or place of legal residence.

  • I Am A Foreign National Under A Temporary Visitor’s Visa, I Can Stay Legally In The Philippines For Thirty (30) Days However I Want To Extend My Stay, How Do I Go About This?

Foreign Nationals Who Are Admitted With An Initial Stay Of Thirty (30) Days May Apply For A Visa Waiver First, Granting An Additional Stay Of Twenty Nine (29) In The Philippines. Thereafter, You May Apply For One (1) Month, Two (2) Months Or Six (6) Months Extensions At Least One Week Prior To The Expiration Of Your Valid Stay.

  • How Long Can I Extend My In The Philippines?

Under Immigration Memorandum Circular No. SBM-2013-003, Non-visa Required National May Extend Their Stay Up To Thirty Six (36) Months While Visa Required National May Extend Their Stay Up To Twenty Four (24) Months.

Note: The Said Periods Shall Be Counted From The Date Of The Applicant’s Latest Recorded Arrival.

  • May I Send A Representative On My Behalf To File My Visa Extension?

You May Send A Representative To File For Your Visa Extension Given That You Will Provide A Special Power Of Attorney (Spa).

  • How Many Days Should I Allot For The Filling Of My Visa Extension To Avoid Overstaying?

You May File For Your Visa Extension Application Seven (7) Days Before Your Temporary Visitors’ Visa Expires.

  • What is a Hold Departure Order and under what reasons can this be filed?

A Hold Departure Order (HDO) prevents an individual to depart from the Philippines. To file for the said order, a criminal case should be pending before the Regional Trial Court (RTC) and order should begiven by the RTC directing the Bureau of Immigration (BI) to hold the departure of the person/s named. If in case the case does not fall on a HDO, you may refer to the Department of Justice (DOJ) for an application for an Immigration Lookout Bulletin Order.

  • How do I verify if there is a derogatory record against me?

You may file for a request for verification at the Clearance and Certification Section of BI. Just present your passport and pay the respective fees applicable for the said transaction.

  • How do I lift the derogatory record against me?

For lifting of a derogatory record, one must first get a dismissal of case from the Clerk of Court of the RTC which issued the order. Submit the case order together with a letter of request to BI and pay the respective fees applicable for the said transaction. Once the Order has been approved, the BI will transmit it to the airports and other offices for implementation.

  • What is a Black List Order and under what reasons can this be filed?

A Black List Order (BLO) disallows a foreign national entry into the Philippines. One of the common reasons for inclusion in the BL is that a foreign national has violated the Philippine Immigration law/s such as overstaying.

  • How do I lift the BLO against me?

You may apply for BLO lifting by filing a letter of request addressed to the Commissioner of the Bureau of Immigration (BI). You may seek assistance of a lawyer to make arrangements and submit the documentary

requirement/s for your request.

  • What are the grounds for exclusion of foreign nationals arriving in the Philippines?

The grounds for exclusion are those provided under Section 29 (a) and (b) of the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940 (PIA). The common grounds for exclusion are persons likely to become a public charge, persons who have been convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude and persons not properly documented as required by the said law.

  • What is the legal basis for the immigration officers to exercise this power?

Section 6 of the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940 (PIA) states that Immigration Officers are authorized, among others, to exclude any alien not properly documented as required by the said Act.

  • What is deferred departure?

Deferred departure is the effect when a certain traveler is disallowed to depart for various reasons as determined by immigration personnel in the ports of exit.

  • Is the power to defer departure a curtailment of the Filipino guaranteed constitutional right to travel?

The right to travel of a Filipino is not absolute. Section 6, Article III of the 1987 Constitution guarantees the right to travel of every citizen, however, it may only be impaired for the interest of national security, public safety or public health, as may be provided by law.

  • What is the basis of the exercise of power to defer departure?

The BI is mandated to administer and enforces the immigration, citizenship and alien registration laws of the Philippines. It also plays a role in the enforcement of R.A. 10364 also known as the Expanded Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act of 2012. The BI shall adopt measures for the apprehension of suspected traffickers both at the place of arrival and departure.


Alien Employment Permit (AEP) – FAQs

  1. What is Alien Employment Permit (AEP)?

An AEP is a document issued by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) through its Regional Offices which is one of the requirements for a foreign national to work in the Philippines.

         2. Who are the foreign nationals required to secure AEP?

Foreign nationals who intend to engage in gainful employment in the Philippines with an employer – employee relationship; foreign professionals allowed by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) to practice their profession in the Philippines; and holders of Special Investors Resident Visa (SIRV), Special Retirees Resident Visa (SRRV), Treaty Traders Visa (9d) or Special Non-Immigrant Visa 47(a)2 who occupy any executive, advisory, supervisory, or technical position in any establishment are required to secure AEP from DOLE.

  1. Who are exempted from securing an AEP?

           a. All members of the diplomatic service and foreign government officials accredited by and with reciprocity arrangement with the Philippine government;

         b. Officers and staff of international organizations of which the Philippine government is a member, and their legitimate spouses desiring to work in the Philippines;

           c. All foreign nationals granted exemption by law e.g. RA 8756, Section 5, Article 60, Para 1, PD 732 Section 2 (c), PD 1590 Section 18;

          d. Owners and representatives of foreign principals whose companies are accredited by the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA), who come to the Philippines for a limited period and solely for the purpose of interviewing Filipino applicants for employment abroad;

         4. Who are excluded from securing an AEP?

          a. Members of the governing board with voting rights only and do not intervene in the management of the corporation or in the day to day operation of the enterprise.

         b. Corporate officers as provided under the Corporation Code of the Philippines, Articles of Incorporation, and By-Laws of the Corporation such as President, Secretary and Treasurer.

        9. When shall an application for renewal of AEP be filed?

An application for renewal of AEP shall be filed not earlier than sixty (60) days before its expiration.

In the case of officers, whose appointment or election takes place before the expiration of AEP, the application must be filed not later than fifteen (15) working days after appointment, or before its expiration, whichever comes later.

In case the appointment or election will take place after the expiration of the AEP, the application for renewal must be filed before the expiration of the AEP which can be renewed for one (1) year. The foreign national shall submit to the issuing Regional Office the Board Secretary’s Certification within fifteen (15) working days after the date of appointment. The Regional Director shall revoke the AEP after one (1) month from its issuance, if no Certification is filed.

        10. What is the penalty for working without AEP?

The Regional Director shall impose a fine of Php 10,000.00 for every year or a fraction thereof to a foreign national found working without a valid AEP. Employer found employing foreign national without a valid AEP shall also pay a fine of Php 10,000.00 for every year or a fraction thereof.

        11. Can an AEP be denied?

 Yes. The Regional Director may deny the application for new AEP or its renewal thereof based on any of the following grounds:

          a. misrepresentation of facts in the application;

          b. submission of falsified documents;

           c. the foreign national has been convicted of a criminal offense or a fugitive from justice in the country or abroad;

           d. grave misconduct in dealing with or ill treatment of workers; or

        e. availability of a Filipino who is competent, able and willing to do the job intended for or being performed by the foreign national.

       12. Can an AEP be cancelled or revoked?

       Yes. The Regional Director may, motu proprio or upon petition, cancel or revoke an AEP, after due process, based on any of the following grounds:

            a. non-compliance with any of the requirements or conditions for which the AEP was issued;

            b. misrepresentation of facts in the application;

            c. submission of falsified or tampered documents;

           d. meritorious objection or information against the employment of the foreign national;

           e.  foreign national has been convicted of a criminal offense or a fugitive from justice;

           f. employer terminated the employment of foreign national;

          g. grave misconduct in dealing with or ill treatment of workers; or

          h. disapproval of the application for an Authority to Employ Alien by the Department of Justice (DOJ) or Special Temporary Permit by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC), if applicable.

      13. What is the effect of denial/cancellation/revocation of AEP?

A foreign national whose AEP has been denied or cancelled on the grounds of (a) conviction of criminal offense or fugitive from justice in the country or abroad; or (b) grave misconduct in dealing with or ill treatment of workers is disqualified to re-apply within a period of ten (10) years from date of the order denying, cancelling or revoking the AEP.

       14. If an application has been denied or cancelled by the Regional Office on any of the other grounds, can the foreign national apply for an AEP in other Regional Offices?

Yes, provided the foreign national has presented evidentiary proof that the ground for denial/cancellation/revocation has been corrected. 20. Is there a remedy for a denied/cancelled/revoked AEP? Yes, the aggrieved foreign national or his authorized representative may file an appeal with the Secretary of DOLE within 10 days after receipt of copy of denial/cancellation/revocation order. However, the foreign national is allowed to file only a single motion for reconsideration within ten (10) days after receipt of the decision.

15. Can a foreign national immediately start to work upon the issuance of the AEP?

No. The AEP is not an exclusive authority for a foreign national to work in the Philippines. It is just one of the requirements for a foreign national to legally engage in gainful employment in the country.